Sunday, January 16, 2011

Popper's Dreamland

I know I am not the only one who believes that if you listen with truly open ears and mind, you can hear the universe speak. It can be difficult to do at first, sometimes because of all the static in the airwaves, sometimes because of your own fears. You have to be brave enough to hear things that you have always known to be true about your abilities, but that you have been terrified of testing your skills at. You have to be willing to believe that a door is truly a door, even if the place it appears is in the middle of a cloud or rainbow.

In my strange little world, the universe has been doing more than just talking lately. It's been calling to me shrilly, with sounds that I can only compare to Scandinavian kulning. (Sound clip here.) Despite the unmistakeable nature of the sound, I keep second-guessing what I am hearing, perhaps because so many people around me scold me and warn me and tell me to do the exact opposite of what is being said.

This is why my wild bird twin, Slumberland, couldn't have picked a better time to start his blog, Popper's Dreamland. He has always had an uncanny ability to sense when I am doubting myself, and he helps me escape it in the nick of time. Slumberland is a master of silver dream magic. He creates islands covered in spider silk palm fronds and snow queen feathers. Then he builds bridges to those islands out of stars and snowflakes, and gives me funny, sparkly blue shoes with curled up toes so I can walk across those bridges.

Borrow my funny shoes. Go walk there, too.


1 comment:

  1. I just love the way you write description--I can SEE those blue shoes sparkling right in front of me!

    ReplyDelete