Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flora & Fauna of the Bay Area

These photos were all taken around San Francisco and in Muir Woods. The flower photos are dedicated to Orange Clouds. I will never be as good as she is at doing close up photos of flowers, but I wanted to take these photos for her! San Francisco has some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. I loved the trees, too. Some types of trees in the Bay Area are really unique, unlike any I have seen elsewhere in America. I don't know how to describe them, other than to say that they look as if they braided their hair overnight and then combed it out the next day into gorgeous waves. I don't think my photos allow one to fully appreciate how beautiful they are.

In no particular order:
































3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be surprised if Lonely Planet finds your blog and tries to contract you to do a guide on the SF and the Bay Area. All of these San Francisco posts are just FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew there was such diversity in that relatively small area. I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Is there a forest within the city? I love the tree pictures! Also, your flower pictures are gorgeous. My problem is that I sit in front of one flower for half an hour while you get to see the entire city and blog about it! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete