Thursday, August 19, 2010

Charming Homes and Buildings of San Francisco

The architecture and color schemes of houses and buildings in San Francisco is one of the most striking things about the city. As I walked around, I collected photos of houses and buildings that fascinated me for one reason or another. In some cases, it was the colors that caught my attention. In others, it was the decoration or architecture styles. My photography skills are poor, but these photos will at least give you the general idea!

This house was one of my absolute favorites. It is located in the Sunset district, and Minima told me that when the wind blows, you can hear all the metallic things in the yard chiming.





San Francisco has a large Asian Buddhist population. Some houses have little private shrines like this:



This is another house in the Sunset District. After I took these photos, a really jolly Chinese man leaned out the window and told me, "You like the house? Take more pictures, take more!" He then explained the meaning of the phrase on the windows, because I couldn't make out some of the characters due to the semi-fancy script they are written in. I can't remember exactly what he said the meaning was, but it was something about how drunkenness causes misery but flowers bring joy!




This house is near the Mission. I thought this house was AWESOME, and those of you who know me well will know EXACTLY why!







Tee hee!

Here are all the other houses and buildings I took photos of:



































3 comments:

  1. Haha! The house that you can hear chiming when the wind blows is right around the corner from my apartment. :)

    And glad to see that Tanya's magic cottage made the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool! Your photography is better than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What they said!

    Also, aren't the houses in SF beautiful? I like the bright colours, and all the stairways... I've always wanted to live in a house with steps.

    ReplyDelete