Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wicked Game

Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game” is the sexiest song I’ve ever heard in my life. I’ve probably listened to it a million times and I still think so. For years, I’ve had this ridiculous “Wicked Game” fantasy. The kind of fantasy that goes nowhere, really. There is a man driving through the desert (The Mojave? The Gobi?), and he is listening to “Wicked Game”. He speeds nonstop through the night because I’ve driven him mad and he can’t sleep. It has been forty-three hours since he’s had a shower, and he smells mmmmm mmmmm manly. He has a mustache that would make Lu Xun and Eugene Hutz sick with envy. He is traversing the desert, looking for me, but I am nowhere he’ll ever find. I am swinging from magic peach trees in the clouds. I am in Kiev, dancing in a circle of boisterous Ukrainian musicians. I am studying tantric Buddhism in the mountains of Tibet.

He’ll have to make space-time leaps if he ever wants to track me down.

(If you’ve never heard “Wicked Game”, go watch this video, which is even more ridiculous than my fantasy, and which might be the one thing that has ever made this song lose sexiness in my mind!)

3 comments:

  1. I just got back from a midnight showing of Inception, and now this kind of stuff is the only thing running through my head. If your dreams work like this, you HAVE to see that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, watch out, honey. A little man-musk is a dangerous thing. Just remember that those are *fantasies* for a reason! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wicked Game and I love Chris Isaak. He lives in San Francisco (reportedly) down by the beach, but I've never spotted him. A few years ago he had a show on one of the cable channels called "The Chris Isaak Show" and it was rad. It seemed to consist mainly of him reclining on a round revolving bed, asking life advice from a nude blonde woman who only he could see. I don't know who thought that concept up, but I'd like to shake their hand.

    ReplyDelete